We offer both professional packages and bespoke solutions for all sizes of behaviour change programme
Whether you're trying to improve public health, increase employee engagement or reduce local carbon emissions, our professional BCMS packages are uniquely designed to give local authorities, universities and businesses the tools to incentivise healthy changes in behaviour among their staff and constituents.
Alternatively, we can work with you to build a bespoke behaviour change programme for your organisation or community.
Get people active
Motivate people to increase physical activities linking improvement to both mental and physical wellbeing.
Hit the 150
Proven to move people from physical inactivity to walking 150 minutes a week or more as recommended by the World Health Organisation, NHS and Public Health England.
Cut air pollution
Improve local air quality and improve your carbon footprint by reducing CO2 emissions.
Reach the hard-to-reach
Engage directly with your target audience through their mobile devices, when it's most relevant.
Get people out of cars
Reduce the number of single-occupancy car journeys by motivating people to use alternatives modes of transport such as walking and car-sharing.
Motivate active travel
Increase the number of people walking and cycling for work and leisure.
Increase the use of public transport
Give incentives for using public transport, identify pinch-points on transport routes and promote ticket offers.
Reduce the strain of car-parking and congestion on your business and local community.
Proven to motivate inactive people to become active, for their physical and mental health
The cost of inactivity in the UK is rising steadily but understanding the problem is only half the battle. Health problems associated with high risk behaviours – such as diabetes and obesity – manifest over the long term. Without short term feedback it is difficult to find the motivation to change.
BetterPoints' Behaviour Change Management System (BCMS) enables you to engage with people and offer a range of incentives that they value, to help take that first step towards a healthy life.
We maintain engagement through incremental rewards and regular communications so that we can continue to track behaviour, and intervene with tailored offers and communications if and when necessary. All this is done through our behaviour change management system to make it affordable, scalable and evidence-based.
Whoever your clients – be they school children, sufferers of depression, patients with long-term illness, people with chronic heart disease or those that are morbidly inactive – we will help you encourage healthier behaviour for better physical and mental wellbeing.
- Motivate inactive people to become active
- Get people walking at least 150 minutes a week
- Incentivise active travel, such as walking and cycling
- Improve mental and physical health
- Reach the hard-to-reach
- Learn from real-time data
- Deliver effective and efficient public health services
- Develop programmes that iterate rapidly
- Bespoke programmes, tailored to your requirements
- Customised and branded website and in-app programme
- Targeted mix of incentives
- Data capture, reporting, outcome measurement and assessment
- Post-programme report of results and recommendations
- A close working partnership to implement, promote and manage your programme
- Local account management to drive engagement through community champions and ongoing communication
- Training and support for our behaviour change management system
- Ongoing assessment to improve outcomes.
Smart Uni Travel
Evidence-driven modal shift for reducing emissions and congestion and improving wellbeing in Higher Education
Active travel has many linked benefits for Higher Education. If one person ditches the car and walks to work they reduce carbon emissions, eliminate a car from congested traffic, free up a parking space and contribute to their mental and physical wellbeing.
Cutting the number of single-occupancy car journeys reduces pressure on university parking, eases congestion around campus and residential areas, contributes to improved air quality and promotes good mental and physical health.
Smart Uni Travel is packaged with a special educational discount, specifically for efficient implementation on university campuses.
- Reduce single-occupancy car journeys
- Cut your carbon footprint
- Track behaviour in real time
- Offer incentives that resonate
- Learn from rich data
- Communicate directly with staff
- 12-month programme
- On-campus project planning and programme inception workshop
- Geo-fencing of campuses
- Set-up of automated messaging and baseline user questions
- Post-programme report of results and recommendations
- Programme maintenance, including points redemption management, maintenance, user support and technical support
- Printed, branded publicity material
- A BetterPoints incentive points bundle (nine active months)
- Plus many other optional, added-value features.
Smart Community Travel
Evidence-driven modal shift for reducing emissions and congestion and improving wellbeing in local communities
Smart Community Travel equips local authorities to reach their staff and local communities with behaviour change interventions for meeting their sustainability and active transport goals.
- Influence and track the reduction of harmful carbon emissions
- Reduce the strain of office and local residential car-parking
- Motivate staff and residents to car-share while reducing local congestion
- Increase physical activities, linking to the improvement of both Mental and Physical Well-being
- Track and influence public transport journeys by staff and residents
- Raise awareness and promote travel & health initiatives directly to your people's phones.
Smart NHS Travel
Evidence-driven modal shift for reducing emissions and congestion and improving wellbeing in the health sector
Smart NHS Travel helps NHS Trusts and CCGs overcome the unique sustainable travel and healthy activity challenges they face, such as motivating staff and patients to be more active for the benefit of their mental and physical health, reducing driving-related accidents on hospital premises and tackling the pressure on parking spaces and local congestion.
- Motivate and help NHS staff to increase physical activities linking improvement to both mental and physical wellbeing
- Increase the number of public transport and car-sharing journeys made by NHS staff
- Increase the number of walking and cycling activities by NHS staff
- Reduce the strain of car-parking and congestion directly for NHS staff
- Improve local air quality by reducing CO2 emissions
- Identify and track the use of transport routes used by NHS staff
- Raise awareness and promote travel & health initiatives directly to people's phones.
Evidence-driven behaviour change for employee recognition, rewards and wellbeing
If you look after the health of your staff you are much more likely to build a highly productive, satisfied workforce with low turnover, high morale and low absenteeism. This is where you will find the roots of engagement with high levels of employee voice and a measurable impact on customer experience.
Employee Engage gives your organisation the power to design, manage and communicate an engagement programme that genuinely values people. It gives you the tools to recognise and reward employees in ways that are meaningful to the individual and truly drive engagement, while also tracking your programme’s impact on the wellbeing of all your staff.
- Top-down recognition
- Peer-to-peer recognition
- E-cards, email and push- notifications
- Calendar events
- BetterPoints currency
- Everyday rewards, such as supermarket vouchers and transport tickets
- Tailored to you
- Donate to charity
- Inter-team incentives
- Communicate directly with staff
- Healthy activity
- Active travel
- Tangible changes in behaviour
- Employee voice
- Customer experience
- Track and measure with real-time data
- Remind managers when significant dates for individual staff are looming so they can acknowledge them personally
- Facilitate peer-to-peer recognition, so anyone can show appreciation to anyone else currency that can be spent on relevant, everyday items, such as supermarket vouchers and transport tickets
- Donate to charity: employees can choose for their points’ cash equivalent to be donated to a charity or community group
- Communicate your rewards directly to employee’s phones, at a time scheduled by you or triggered by an algorithm.
- Motivate for stronger employee engagement
- Improve customer experience
- Promote employee voice
- Reward any kind of healthy activity that can be measured with a combination of location and time or self-reporting, such as walking and running
- Track the impact of your programme on wellbeing with real-time data and an analytics dashboard.
- Reward for using active forms of transport, such as walking and cycling.
Or go bespoke
If our packages don't suit you, we can tailor a programme to fit your specific behaviour change needs.